Description OF Assessment
- The assessment is based on the Grades 1 – 2 English Language and Mathematics Curriculum Guides
- The assessment is primarily diagnostic in nature, however 5% of the Grade earned contributes to the National Grade Six Assessment results for each candidate.
- Headteachers must hold meetings with Grade Two teachers before and after the assessment so that:
- the most appropriate strategies for the correction of observed weaknesses can be applied at the school level;
- suggestions for improving the assessment can be analysed and recorded, and recommendations made to the Chief Education Officer.
Conditions Of Entry
All Pupils in Grade Two of ALL Primary Schools Must Be Assessed.
Headteachers are required to submit a letter to the Superintendent of Examinations along with the relevant medical documents for pupils requiring Special Assistance when submitting registration materials to Examinations Division.
Pupils will be assessed in English Language and Mathematics.
These assessments will replace the Schools’ Annual Examinations for these two subjects, and must be used when compiling pupils’ annual reports.
1. English Language
The areas to be assessed in this subject are:
The areas to be assessed are:
- Notation and Numeration
- Problem solving